The costs of being sued are often a small business’ greatest and least predictable expense. Litigation is always an expensive distraction from small business operations, and it can often threaten the life of the business itself. Well organized legal-needs planning, pro-active risk management, well-drafted contracts, supervisor training and employee supervision can go a long way to minimize lawsuits. However, despite the “best-laid plans”, bad things happen to good businesses.
Knowledge of the legal landscape and the subject matter, along with understanding a lawsuit’s “end-game”, is essential to litigation defense efficiency. I am familiar with the nuts and bolts of a wide range of civil litigation matters that can involve small business in a variety of industries.
If your small business is sued, I’ll provide a “smart business” approach customized to best preserve your business’ health. My defense of your small business will be focused on avoiding surprises and leveraging your position to produce a favorable outcome.
And, I’ve learned that the key to a successful litigation defense is an early and thorough analysis of the facts. This enables a well thought out plan of counter-attack, rather than a reactive posture, and also provides you with predictability.
Small businesses are susceptible to a broad range of claims. Several common areas include:
- Contract Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Product Liability Claims
- Personal Injury Claims
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Construction Contracts Performance Issues
- Employment/Labor Complaints
- Real Property/Title Disputes
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Marital Property Divisions
My Role as Your Civil Litigation Defense Lawyer
Litigation is an adversarial process with two or more parties pitted against each other.
My job is to be YOUR advocate, obligated to fight for YOU with the goal of achieving the best possible outcome for YOUR small business’ behalf. I’ll embrace the conflict and act to shield your company using every good defense and sensible strategy.
I’ll bring to your defense a toolbox of key legal skills:
- Knowledge of The Applicable Law
- Effective Written and Oral Advocacy Skills
- Analytical and Critical Reasoning Abilities
- Understanding of Complex Matters
- Positive Interpersonal Skills
- Practised Legal Research Techniques
- Emphasis on Client Development
- Fresh Negotiation and Settlement Techniques